Experimenting with letter designs
Creative words
With the word barcode you know that their is only one real image that you could produce which is a barcode. So I decided to think about how I could make the word barcode look like the image. I made a few sketches and chose to make the letters slim and long to give them the barcode effect. However to add more detail I decided to add a few lines inside the counter of some letters Font- Helvetica
![]() |
For the word tunnel i had to decide the different ways in that i could represent the meaning such as using the whole word as the tunnel or just using dark tones like inside a tunnel. Instead i saw that the two N's in the word actually took the shape of a tunnel, and so i just added a shade of black to the two letters. Font- Helvetica
In this design i had decided to use the word lines. This was a good word to use because even though you were stuck with only being able to use lines for the images, there are many ways to represent lines such as thick lines, curved lines, dashes etc and the thought of every letter is made out of a series of lines. Finally i realised that most of the words in the word has strait edges, and simply carried them on.
Font- Helvetica

Finally this design is different to the others because of instead of using the words of actual things, 'close' is a describing word meaning that there are many ideas that i could of done. For the design i decided that the best way to represent something being close is to make the words come closer. I had made the back letters smaller and the O large to make it seem that the letter is closer then the others. Font- Helvetica






















No comments:
Post a Comment